http://www.pinterest/dotsredslippers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

There's Corn In There!

Big moment tonight.   Epic moment tonight.  Karl went pee AND poop in his big boy potty!!!!!!!!

I'm so, so, so beyond proud of my prince charming little T-Rex man.  For months now, he's been able to tell me "Mommy, Tarl (he just recently started pronouncing his hard "C" sound, so he's been "Tarl" to himself) poopin'." He then proceeds to take the proper poopin' position-- slight bend of the knees, butt out in a mid squat, and a T-Rex grunt, lettin' it rip.  This is followed by the unmistakable stench of Karl poo.

Tonight in his bubble bath, he did his signature squat and looked at his MiMi and said "I poopin'."  MiMi asked him if he really needed to and he shook his head and said "uh huh" so she plucked his naked little butt up and plunked him down on his big boy potty.  I ran into the bathroom, thankful to be momentarily relieved from dish duty after dinner, and sat there with him for encouragement.

He sat there, naked and wet, with a big smile on his face saying "Karl poopin'!"  MiMi and I both cheered him on, though I have to be honest, I didn't think we'd have "lift off" because we've done the same thing before with only rooty-toot-toots...lots of fizzles but no bangs.

Tonight was the magic night, though. MiMi and I promised him an awesome, irresistible prize, a bribe for poop if you will.  Stickers.  Really cool stickers he could put...on the wall!  To my 20month old, that's like offering the big bucks, it doesn't get much more fun than getting those otherwise forbidden treasures (forbidden because he will stick them all over EVERYTHING including the furniture and our dogs)  He knew to be receiving stickers for going potty must mean this going potty business was a big deal.    He had to go, so he went.  After he dropped a big one, he looked at us, smiled and said "Karl goin' wee wee too" and sure enough, we looked down and there flowed a river of gold, straight into the big boy pot!

The neighbors probably thought we were overly enthusiastic about a football team scoring a big touchdown or something, because surely they heard us celebrating.  I literally jumped up and down over the momentous feat- who knew poop could make one so happy??  MiMi jumped and did a happy dance.  We both hooted and hollered, whooped and sang... "Oh, yeah! You're the man!  Did a big poop and a wee wee on the potty!  Oh, yeah, you're the man!!!"  My husband ran into the bathroom with our 3 month old daughter and did his own happy jig and chant (my daughter probably wondering what the big deal was all about... after all, she poops all the time).

The look of sheer pride beaming  across my son's face was awesome. He really WAS the man... He went poop AND wee wee on the potty.  He was ecstatic!  Then...he did something I realized later that he'd never done before... he looked at his own poop.

He stopped and gazed at his little mound for a good 5 seconds (almost an eternity for my son, he hardly ever does anything for that consistent of a period of time).  He was studying it- you could tell by the look on his face- eye brows furrowed, lips kind of puckered.

The look on his face  when he went may have been awesome, but what he said when he saw his poop was priceless.   He raised his little hand and pointed his finger at the poop and said " 'Dere's corn in 'dere!  Corn in 'da poop!"

Sure enough, without a doubt, there was indeed corn in his poop.  He'd eaten A LOT of Shepard's Pie for dinner the night before.  A LOT.  

So, this new going poop on the potty thing means that he's starting to make the connection between what he eats and poop...OR...it could also mean he thinks corn comes from his, eh hem, derriere.  He is only 20 months old after all.  He very well might think, might believe, that that's where corn comes from.  I'm slightly worried I may find him "digging" for corn and other veggies in the near future- looking either... well, where poop actually comes from, or in his poop itself. I guess I'm going to have to be extra vigilant for that because Lord only knows I'd probably die of a heart attack if I actually saw him hunting for it... because finding it not only means he'd be touching his poop, it might also mean eating it.  Oh...Dear...God!

Anyway... it was pretty amazing to see him  meet the potty milestone.  It's a milestone I didn't think we'd get to so quickly- I mean, where does the time go?  He's nearly 2 years old...  I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment